Brewtan®, your natural beer stabiliser.
High colloidal and flavour stability is considered worldwide as the benchmark of a quality beer. Due to its unique properties, Brewtan® has a positive impact on both of these metrics. Moreover, the use of Brewtan® can lead to important improvements and savings in the brewing process itself.
Brewtan® will selectively react with haze sensitive proteins by adsorption and precipitation. In addition, the Brewtan® products are able to complex metal ions and inhibit the unwanted oxidative reactions associated with them. Last but not least, as Brewtan® is itself a strong natural radical scavenger, it will increase the anti-oxidant potential of the beer helping to preserve both it's colour and the flavour.
This diagrams shows the different ways of incorporation Brewtan® into the brewing process at various stages. This allows brewers to choose the most appropriate grade for their requirements; of course it is also possible to combine two of these methods to give a combination of process and stability benefits.
- Brewtan® B used during mashing-in will mainly have an impact on shelf-life and taste stability and can lead to brewhouse yield increase in specific cases.
- Brewtan® B used at the end of boiling will act as a prestabiliser. Haze sensitive proteins present at this stage will be removed; which can lead to major process improvements downstream.
- Brewtan® B can be used simultaneously during mashing- in and at the end of boiling to obtain a combined effect.
- Brewtan® C is injected in line before maturation. This is an easy and economical solution for a complete background stabilisation.
- Brewtan® F is injected in line before end filtration (Perlite, Kieselguhr) in order to have a perfect stabilisation without beer losses.
- Brewtan® is completely removed from the beer during the brewing process and can be used in most geographical regions as processing aid.